Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Cambridge Health Alliance
Posted on: September 11, 2020
Senior Financial Analyst
Refer a Friend
Category: Professional and Management
Department: Financial Analytics Reporting Budgeting
Job Type: Full Time
Job Class: Non-Union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: M-F 8-4:30
Date Posted: 08/18/2020
Requisition Number: hrq-102506Job Details
- Job Purpose:
To provide support, analysis and review to Senior Director Business
and Financial Analytics, Reporting, Budgeting and Senior Management
across all areas of the department: monthly financial reporting and
analysis, FTE reporting and management, revenue, reimbursement,
financial planning, cost reports, external reporting, federal and
state reporting, and special projects. Will utilize various systems
within CHA (Meditech, Kaufman Hall, Access, EPIC, Athena) to
collect, organize and prepare analysis for range of reports and
filings. Support Sr. Directors, Directors, Managers in the
reporting and variance analysis for both staffing and non staffing
expenses. Participate in annual budget training for the
organization and support identified service line Managers with
budget access and preparation. Assist in the cost report
preparation (Hospital, Licensed Health Centers); federal and state
quarterly and annual filings; Intern & Resident program tracking;
and review, correction and submission of casemix tape for state
submission. Assist department in improving systems and data for
more accurate, efficient reporting. Maintain appropriate supporting
documentation, participate in audits and reviews.
1. Maintain CHA reporting and budget access tables. Set up new
service lines, cost centers, expense and revenue codes as
identified. Weekly review and correct new cost centers and mapping
for Kaufman Hall dimensions, chart of accounts, and cost report
2. Responsible for providing a high level of customer service to
assigned service lines/departments. Be fully knowledgeable on all
aspects of the department functions and reporting as well as the
CHA work/data flow and systems to be able to respond and resolve
3. Perform monthly review of staffing and non staffing variances,
research variances and provide complete explanations for the PreCFO
and CFO meetings.
4. Prepare, review and process all departmental staffing and non
staffing reclasses to ensure accurate reflection of expenses. Work
with the department management, staff as well as Purchasing and AP
to correct any outstanding PO's or request to correct and prevent
further errors. For staffing reclasses verify the correct data
and/or allocation in the Meditech source data.
5. Prepare comprehensive monthly analysis of major variances at the
service line and the departmental level. Provide thorough
explanation of relevant factors and supporting documentation.
Generate monthly report package for all service lines for Director
and to be presented to SVPs.
6. Complete quarterly state filings for Bed Count, Financials,
Surcharge Payors and Unmatched Payors.
7. Review and correct the quarterly casemix downloads. Improve
submission quality by reducing errors. Submit to the state and
follow-up on questions or issues. Develop and complete quality
measures for the inpatient, ER and observation patient
8. Assist in the preparation of Hospital cost reports for Medicare
and Medicaid. Prepare schedule for volume and staffing statistics
as well as financial data. Complete data entry and resolve system
errors to ensure accurate reporting.
9. Maintain the IRIS data base for GME reimbursement, interface
with other hospitals and programs to resolve overlaps & errors and
maintain appropriate documentation.
10. Coordinate and monitor Medicare Physician Time Study and the
Medicaid Outreach Study. Provide training and follow-up to ensure
compliance and data integrity.
1. Comprehensive experience in variance analysis and the ability to
create and produce reports to summarize and present complex
financial data to departments.
2. Strong communication skills with ability to explain financial
data and concepts to non finance staff as well as provide training
on financial systems and reports.
3. Demonstrated experience in a wide range of systems databases,
including Meditech, Kaufman Hall budgeting and reporting
4. Solid working experience with monthly entries, accruals,
prepaids, trial balance, and financial statements. Full
understanding of financial work flow including patient accounts,
accounts payable and payroll.
5. Bachelor's degree with a major in finance or accounting, along
with demonstrated accounting, analytical, and database software
6. Superior Excel skills necessary plus current, solid Access
7. Requires eight years analytic experience with industry metrics,
revenue, staffing parameters and nonstaffing expenses.
8. Experience in Hospital Finance required.
Keywords: Cambridge Health Alliance, Malden , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!