Senior DIRECTOR, PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICES - Malden, MA
Company: Cambridge Health Alliance
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Purpose: Under the direct leadership of the Chief Revenue
Officer, the Senior Director, Patient Financial Services is
responsible for overseeing all revenue cycle operations for
Cambridge Health Alliance. Job Duties:
- Provide leadership to individual managers of the revenue cycle
teams including Professional Billing, Hospital Billing, and Cash
Posting. Ensure teams have the tools and training to manage daily
business unit operations, and to achieve defined key performance
indicators. Assist managers in resolving complex issues as they
arise, escalating to appropriate parties when necessary.
- Responsible for revenue cycle performance. Daily review and
monitoring of overall AR position including KPIs, work queue
volumes, and performance of identified SWAT issues.
- Responsible for statistical and financial reporting necessary
to monitor operations. Provide analysis of cash, outstanding AR,
CFBs, adjustments, and denials to CHA financial and operational
- Develop and manage annual department operating and capital
budgets. Responsible for the financial performance of PFS.
- Oversee and monitor department goals and objectives, including
individual goals for direct reports. Ensure goals are driven to
support the health system s mission and vision.
- Work collaboratively with CHA financial and operational
leadership as well as other departmental leaders to facilitate
information sharing, problem solving, and new program
- Approve documentation of all department policies, procedures
and workflow processes. Assist with the implementation of system
changes to enhance workflow and process as necessary.
- Lead Denial Management Team, facilitating meetings with
appropriate teams to decrease denials and continuously assess
denial issues. Ensure all team members remain engaged and focused
on denial resolution.
- Manage credit and collection activity to ensure that CHA s
credit and collection policy and procedures are being followed.
Evaluate and initiate new procedures to protect the hospital's
financial interest in securing payment while maintaining goodwill.
Maintain current up-to-date information regarding third party
billing requirements, third party reimbursement, government
regulations, hospital contracts, and industry trends.
- Oversee all revenue cycle vendor and contractor performance,
ensuring all persons working on behalf of CHA are doing so
following CHA policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with external peers and professional groups to keep
up to date on regional and national healthcare revenue cycle
- Create an environment that promotes workforce recruitment,
retention and development and maintains quality services.
- Monitor vendor and contractor performance and approve accounts
payable invoices for payment.
- Oversee special project work as identified by SWAT or other
teams to drive issue resolution related to
- Master s Degree in finance, business administration or related
- Ten years experience in revenue cycle management including five
plus years of experience managing staff and operations.
- Demonstrated comprehensive and thorough knowledge of all third
party rules and requirements as they relate to billing and
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim
forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical
terminology, insurance benefits and appeal processes.
- Demonstrated experience in the automation of patient accounts
billing system activities.
- EPIC experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish a professional code and work
environment and experience in working with clinical, ancillary
department and primary care leaders to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated goal-oriented thinking, leadership ability, and
strong interpersonal, operational and organizational
Keywords: Cambridge Health Alliance, Malden , Senior DIRECTOR, PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICES - Malden, MA, Accounting, Auditing , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!