Senior Analyst Process and Performance Management
Company: National Grid
Posted on: June 20, 2022
National Grid is hiring a Performance Management Analyst for our
New England Electric Operations. This position can be in Malden,
North Andover or Worcester, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities,
and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We
connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our
expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers,
reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the
flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on
our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both
ourselves and our business.
In accordance with guidelines regarding companies classified as
Federal contractors and consistent with our core commitment of
safety, National Grid has made the decision to require all new
hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. "Full
vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose
vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been
administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a
religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable
The Performance Management Analyst will be a member of a dynamic
team of employees supporting the Performance Management Manager for
New England Electric with process reengineering through advanced
analytics, defining and building models, data mining to better
understand complex data structures, turning data into actionable
intelligence and driving decision making. This role is expected to
provide organized tracking expertise as well as build internal and
external relationships in order to deliver on process and
* Owner of the NE Electric Operations Dashboard Scorecard.
* Primary point of contact for the Team on all matters related to
Dashboard metrics and analytics.
* Identify, extract, and integrate data sets ranging in size from
spreadsheets to big data.
* Discover the best methods of assimilating complex data sets from
several different sources and formats for use in analyses. Build
tools to automate data collection.
* Analyze, visualize and report data using various programming &
business intelligence tools (i.e. MS SQL, Alteryx, Tableau,
Microsoft PowerBI, advanced MS Excel etc.).
* Successfully interpret and summarize data to draw conclusions for
managerial action and strategy
* Employ sophisticated analytics programs and statistical methods
for predictive and prescriptive modeling, forecasting, and
* Build solutions that enable National Grid Electric Operations
business units to shift to using data to make effective decisions
across the organization.
* Establish single reporting repository to reduce data duplication
and quality issues and create a self-service analytic capability
for business functions.
* Identify with stakeholders' new data and reporting needs,
providing expertise to business functions and IS to incorporate
into existing reporting repository.
* Collaborate with Data Stewards and Data Owners to ensure
alignment on data quality and on data governance.
* Develop reports that track milestones and other metrics of
initiatives and programs in collaboration with key stakeholders of
NE Electric Operations
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with key
stakeholders to share technical advice, best practices and to
understand and challenge business decisions when appropriate.
* Support the establishment of data policies and procedures.
* Support and enable the adoption of relevant processes across the
* Lead and assist with special projects and tasks as required.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
* Excellent communicator, capable of influencing senior management
and external third parties, while ensuring that information is
understood by all relevant individuals.
* Ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external
* Ability to organize and plan work effectively.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (IS/IT), Mathematics,
Statistics, Economics, Engineering or Finance.
* 4+ years of experience working in a datacentric role enhancing
reports and dashboards required
* Extensive knowledge and experience with relational databases
(Power BI, Oracle, SQLite, MS SQL etc).
* Extensive background in advanced business/quantitative analytics,
statistical & probabilistic analyses, data mining, data warehousing
* Able to understand various data structures and common methods in
* Research, develop and implement statistical models for data
* Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
* Demonstrated ability to translate technical knowledge into
* Demonstrated ability to interact with business stakeholders
communicating results, ideas and recommendations to key decision
* Effective visualization and presentation skills.
* Experience leading projects.
* Ability to set and meet deadlines.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work in high-pressure situations.
* Ability to cope with a changing landscape and overcome obstacles
This position has a career path which provides for advancement
opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in
the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and
applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and
provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and
their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad
diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster
a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver
superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is
proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans to join the National Grid team.
Keywords: National Grid, Malden , Senior Analyst Process and Performance Management, Accounting, Auditing , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!