7-12th Grade Science Teacher (2022-2023)
Company: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout MVRCS: Mystic Valley Regional Charter
School in Malden, MA was founded in 1998. The School serves over
1,400 students in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Great teachers,
carefully selected curricula presented with fidelity, high
expectations, and traditional pedagogy are the keys to student
success at Mystic Valley. Mystic Valley annually finds itself among
the top public schools not only within the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts but in New England and throughout the nation. Our
students have attained the highest levels of success at the
post-secondary level, a testament to the preparation they received
from their time at Mystic Valley. Mystic Valley students in Grades
K-12 report to school in dress code and are in attendance for 200
days of instruction. The normal school day is 60 minutes longer
than most traditional public schools. Together, these factors have
enabled MVRCS to deliver on its promise of providing its students
with the opportunity to obtain a world-class education. Job
Description: The Science Teacher is responsible for implementing
Mystic Valley Regional Charter School's (MVRCS) Science program in
Grades 7-12. The Science Teacher delivers instruction according to
the Core Knowledge, both in curriculum and methodology. MVRCS's
high school program features the rigorous and world-renowned
International Baccalaureate (IB) program, and high school Science
assignments may include IB courseworkResponsibilities:
- Execute a program of study according to the documented
curricula, and, if applicable, IB. Teachers are generally assigned
five subject-area classes, each of which meets daily.
- Deliver instruction using Core Knowledge and IB
- Deliver lessons and units of instruction that are based on
clear learning objectives.
- Assess student progress on a regular basis, providing progress
reports and report cards as required.
- Execute standardized testing, as directed by the Science
Department Chair and the Leadership Team.
- Collaborate and communicate on a weekly basis with colleagues
in the Science department, including the Department Chair. Topics
for collaboration include, but are not limited to, curriculum,
instruction, assessment, data analysis, and methodology.
- Implement the school's assertive discipline model for classroom
management with fidelity.
- Attend all staff meetings and participate in staff development
programs. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Science
Department Chair and/or Assistant Director. Requirements:
- At least a bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Physics, Biology or
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to evaluate information and determine/recommend an
appropriate course of action.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with students, parents, staff and the community.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all school
requirements, state and federal laws, and MVRCS policies.
- Experience evaluating student skills and writing reports
- Strong collaborative, teaching, coaching, and leadership skills
to support student programming and work in a team setting.
- Strong organizational skills to balance the demands of a
- Knowledge of specialized content area as well as any related
laws and procedures.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based on district and
school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom
- Successful completion of applicable MTEL tests within one year
of employment. This position reports to the Science Department
Chair. The position will be evaluated yearly and will be an annual
appointment. Mystic Valley is an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, or disability status.Powered by
Keywords: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School, Malden , 7-12th Grade Science Teacher (2022-2023), Education / Teaching , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!