9-12th Grade Special Education Teacher (2022-2023)
Company: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout MVRCS:Mystic Valley Regional Charter School
in Malden, MA was founded in 1998. The School serves over 1,400
students in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Great teachers,
carefully selected curricula presented with fidelity, high
expectations, and traditional pedagogy are the keys to student
success at Mystic Valley.Mystic Valley annually finds itself among
the top public schools not only within the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts but in New England and throughout the nation. Our
students have attained the highest levels of success at the
post-secondary level, a testament to the preparation they received
from their time at Mystic Valley. Mystic Valley students in Grades
K-12 report to school in dress code and are in attendance for 200
days of instruction. The normal school day is 60 minutes longer
than most traditional public schools. Together, these factors have
enabled MVRCS to deliver on its promise of providing its students
with the opportunity to obtain a world-class education.Job
Description:The special education teacher is responsible for a
caseload of students on IEPs and 504s, providing students with
services outlined in their plans, and ensuring the proper
implementation of IEPs and 504s Responsibilities:
- Provide direct and indirect instructional support as stated in
an IEP or 504, to students in a positive environment.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons and communicate
those objectives to students.
- Employ special educational strategies and techniques during
instruction to improve the development of sensory- and
perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
- Instruct students in academic subjects using a variety of
techniques such as phonetics, multi-sensory learning, and
repetition to reinforce learning and to meet students' varying
needs and interests.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for
maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all students,
based on the school wide behavior plan.
- Maintain accurate and complete student service logs/lesson
plans and collection of data, as required by laws, district
policies, and administrative regulations.
- Attend IEP Meetings for students on your caseload
- Complete quarterly progress reports for students for students
- Act as "point person" for students who you service/on your
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing specialists,
social workers, and other professionals to develop individualized
education programs (IEPs) designed to promote students'
educational, physical, and social/emotional development, on an
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team and collaborate
with general education teachers, by attending weekly team
- Assist in preparation and administration of standardized
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff
development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other
- Perform related tasks as required, i.e: shredding, daily
- SEI Endorsement
- At least a bachelor's degree in Special Education.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to evaluate information and determine/recommend an
appropriate course of action.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with students, parents, staff and the community.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all school
requirements, state and federal laws, and MVRCS policies.
- Experience evaluating student skills and writing reports
- Strong collaborative, teaching, coaching, and leadership skills
to support student programming and work in a team setting.
- Strong organizational skills to balance the demands of a
- Knowledge of specialized content area as well as any related
laws and procedures.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based on district and
school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom
- Successful completion of applicable MTEL tests within one year
of employment.This position reports to the Head of Special
Education. The position will be evaluated yearly and will be an
annual appointment.Mystic Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, or disability status.Powered by
Keywords: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School, Malden , 9-12th Grade Special Education Teacher (2022-2023), Education / Teaching , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!