9-12 Physics Teacher
Company: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School
Posted on: November 21, 2022
About us:Mystic Valley annually finds itself among the top
public schools not only within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
but in New England and throughout the nation. Our students have
attained the highest levels of success at the post-secondary level,
a testament to the preparation they received from their time at
Mystic Valley. MVRCS is located just outside of Boston, known as
the Hub of the Universe, due to the wide variety of institutions of
higher education and cultural centers that call Boston home.The
individual will teach physics to juniors and seniors in a
college-preparatory, honors and/or IB level. This is a lecture with
a lab course which includes time for class discussions,
demonstrations,labs and/or activities guided by the instructor.
He/she must have a strong understanding of the basics and
principals of physics. They must also have the communication skills
necessary to educate and inspire students and present lessons in an
accessible and easy-to-understand manner.Responsibilities and
- Oversee and analyze student outcomes in physics.
- Convey and interact with parents, students, staff and
- Develop, select and change instructional materials and plans to
attain all students requirements.
- Provide educational environment commensurate to physical,
social, intellectual and emotional development of children.
- Stimulate to maintain and enhance professional competence.
- Maintain and manage apt records and follow needed methods and
- Supervise suitable use and care of materials, equipment and
- Participate in meetings and perform on staff committees as
- Analyze and grade students laboratory work, class work, papers
- Compile, administer and ensure to grade examinations along with
assign work to others.
- Maintain and update student attendance records, grades and
varied required records.
- Monitor students laboratory work.
- Periodically assist in exam proctoring and is expected to be
available to students for extra help. Additional duties may
include, but are not limited to, lunchtime coverage, study hall
duty, coverage of additional classes and teaching MCAS math
preparatory classes to sophomores.Qualifications:
- A bachelors degree in physical science, preferable
- Physics MTEL.Compensation up to 80,000 COVID 19 vaccines are
not required .
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School, Malden , 9-12 Physics Teacher, Education / Teaching , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!