7-12th Grade Science Teacher
Company: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School
Posted on: January 21, 2023
About MVRCS: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School in Malden, MA
was founded in 1998. TheSchoolserves over 1,400 students in
Kindergarten through Grade 12. Great teachers,carefully
selectedcurricula presented with fidelity, high expectations, and
traditional pedagogy are the keys to student success at Mystic
Valley. Mystic Valley annually finds itself among the top public
schools not only within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts but in
New England and throughout the nation. Our students have attained
the highest levels of success at the post-secondary level, a
testament to the preparation they received from their time at
Mystic Valley. Mystic Valley students in Grades K-12 report to
school in dress code and are in attendance for 200 days of
instruction. The normal school day is 60 minutes longer than most
traditional public schools. Together, these factors have enabled
MVRCS to deliver on its promise of providing its students with the
opportunity to obtain a world-class education. Job Description: The
Science Teacher is responsible for implementing Mystic Valley
Regional Charter Schools (MVRCS) Science program in Grades 7-12.
The Science Teacher delivers instruction according to the Core
Knowledge, both in curriculum and methodology. MVRCSs high school
program features the rigorous and world-renowned International
Baccalaureate (IB) program, and high school Science assignments may
include IB coursework Responsibilities:
- Execute a program of study according to the documented
curricula, and, if applicable, IB. Teachers are generally assigned
five subject-area classes, each of which meets daily.
- Deliver instruction using Core Knowledge and IB
- Deliver lessons and units of instruction that are based on
clear learning objectives.
- Assess student progress on a regular basis, providing progress
reports and report cards as required.
- Execute standardized testing, as directed by the Science
Department Chair and the Leadership Team.
- Collaborate and communicate on a weekly basis with colleagues
in the Science department, including the Department Chair. Topics
for collaboration include, but are not limited to, curriculum,
instruction, assessment, data analysis, and methodology.
- Implement the schools assertive discipline model for classroom
management with fidelity.
- Attend all staff meetings and participate in staff development
programs. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Science
Department Chairand/orAssistant Director. Requirements:
- At least a bachelors degree in Chemistry, Physics,Biology or
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to evaluate information and determine/recommend an
appropriate course of action.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with students, parents, staff and the community.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all school
requirements, state and federal laws, and MVRCS policies.
- Experience evaluating student skills and writing reports
- Strong collaborative, teaching, coaching, and leadership skills
to support student programming and work in a team setting.
- Strong organizational skills to balance the demands of a
- Knowledge of specialized content area as well as any related
laws and procedures.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based on district and
school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom
- Successful completion of applicable MTEL tests within one year
of employment. This position reports to the Science Department
Chair. The position will be evaluated yearly and will be an annual
appointment. Mystic Valley is an equal opportunityemployer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, or disability status. Powered by
Keywords: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School, Malden , 7-12th Grade Science Teacher, Education / Teaching , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!