Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer
Company: Cambridge Health Alliance
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Category: Professional and ManagementLocation: Commerce Place,
Malden, MADepartment: Human ResourcesJob Type: Full TimeWork Shift:
DaysWork Days: M-FHours/Week: 40Requisition Number:
hrq-114887Overview Reporting to the CHRO with the CEO serving as
the executive sponsor of all DEI initiatives, the Chief Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion Officer (CDEIO) will be responsible for the
development, implementation and oversight of the organization's
diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategy. The CDEIO
identifies and champions strategic priorities for the organization
and works to translate strategies into practical and actionable
solutions. The CEIDO ensures that employees have a welcoming
environment to work, learn, and grow to their full potential
regardless of their race, gender identity and expression, age,
ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, relationship
identity or relationship structure, religious affiliation, primary
language, disability and all other factors that make people
individuals. This position will co-chair the Diversity Council and
work with members in identifying opportunities to support the DEI
strategy through new initiatives while continuing to evaluate and
monitor existing ones. Operating as a "convener", the CDEIO will
facilitate a focused approach to DEI initiatives across many groups
who currently are working in this area. The CDEIO will work with
staff, management and senior leadership to further a more vibrant,
inclusive, and supportive environment for underrepresented and all
members of the organization.Responsibilities
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a DEI and Antiracism
strategic plan. Lead the critical work of continuing to build a
robust organizational DEI program leveraging research, analysis and
benchmarks to develop and implement an enterprise-wide DEI program
in partnership with key stakeholders and internal business
- Ensure that employees have a comfortable and safe place to
work, learn, and grow to their full potential regardless of their
race, gender identity and expression, age, ethnicity, socioeconomic
status, sexual orientation, relationship identity or relationship
structure, religious affiliation, primary language, disability and
all other factors that make people individuals.
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing coaching, education
and consultancy to enable leaders to implement the DEI strategy to
benefit CHA's diverse workforce and patient population.
- Work closely with Organizational Development, develop training
programs for staff, providers and trainees.
- Review and assess the impact and effectiveness of diversity and
- Coordinate with leadership to enhance, develop and integrate
DEI goals and strategies into business and planning
- Work closely with clinical teams to ensure comprehensive
educational training and professional development programs are
available for staff and providers in an effort to enrich skill
sets, enhance collaboration and provide culturally competent care
- Oversee MAPS (Multicultural Affairs and Patient Services) to
assure the provision of quality, timely, and cost-effective
interpretation and translation services through trained
interpreters and translators, the effective use of assistive
technology for individuals with disabilities, as well as the
effective use of transporters, volunteers and a welcoming front
- Work with the Labor and Employee Relations Team to respond and
investigate bias related incidents, and make strategic and
proactive recommendations based on outcomes.
- Collaborate with human resources/talent acquisition and
leadership to enhance recruitment, hiring, promotion and retention
of diverse providers and staff, including leadership of both, and
provide support to employees with diverse experiences and
- Collaborate with HR, and Organizational Development, in
particular, to effectively create safe spaces for employees to
debrief/check in when affected by external factors with significant
- Partner with Marketing to drive design and delivery of
inclusive messaging throughout the organization and to the
communities we serve.
- Work with clinical, quality, safety and patient experience
teams to limit/reduce clinical disparity based on race, ethnicity
and language of care. Develop key metrics to drive outcomes and
evaluate the performance of the DEI strategy programs and
initiatives. Prepare and analyze performance reports to include
metrics and accomplishments in Board updates and reports.
- Maintain knowledge of DEI related issues and best practices to
foster best practices at CHA.
- Build relationships with leaders, stakeholders & HR colleagues
to drive diversity-related strategies throughout the organization.
Represents CHA internally and externally to foster strategic
partnerships with key constituencies.
- Act as an ombudsperson who listens and gives voice to issues of
equality and inclusion for staff and providers. Reviews and
redirects policies to ensure that they are anti-racist and
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in work related experience)
in healthcare, business or related field required. Master's degree
preferred. Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Senior level experience in managing projects and/or people.
Experience developing, implementing and communicating DEI
initiatives. Experience leading transformational DEI strategies
through effective project management and change management skills.
Experience identifying and defining metrics for measurement of
progress and analyzing data. Experience delivering DEI training.
Knowledge of best practices for the recruitment and retention of a
- Must have current knowledge of state and federal laws and
guidelines related to workplace discrimination.
- Experience making strategy actionable Demonstrated expertise in
negotiation, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in implicit bias training and assessment.
- Diversity and Inclusion Certification and/or Training, Project
Management, Process Improvement, Change Management and or Human
Keywords: Cambridge Health Alliance, Malden , Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Executive , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!