Fire Alarm Systems- Engineering Services Manager
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As the Fire Alarm Systems- Engineering Services Manager, you
will provide primary oversight and direction for the testing,
inspection, and maintenance of all fire alarm systems across the
Walt Disney World property. You will also help us shape, direct,
and control the daily activities of a staff of roughly 40
experienced fire alarm technicians. Our work encapsulates all 24
hours of the day, and 7 days a week. The systems' complexities
range from the most basic to very complex, covering a full spectrum
of occupancies.You will report to Sr. Manager, Technical Services
- Maintain a commitment to Guest and Cast satisfaction and
- Manage the team to ensure daily work schedules are
- Provide and help manage staff development and performance
- Provide guidance to partners on our property for any upgrade,
new installation, modification, repair, or construction that
directly or indirectly affects the Fire Alarm Control Panel and
Fire Alarm system(s).
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws and industry
requirements to include all applicable state and National Fire
Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards.
- Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve
products, applications, and services.
- Understand the technical aspects of products and applications
to make informed management decisions.
- Participate in a culture that builds relationships with Cast
Members, peers, partners and customers to cultivate a team
environment that embraces diversity.
- Meet deadlines while balancing several high-priority
assignments. Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 5+ years of leadership experience overseeing the testing and
inspection of fire alarm systems and interfaces.
- Experience with multiple types of Siemens and Edwards System
Technologies (EST) fire alarm control panels.
- Understanding of alarm software and reporting.
- NFPA-related knowledge (NFPA 25, NFPA 70, NFPA 72, NFPA 90A)
along with the Florida Fire Prevention Code (current edition).
- Experience reading and interpreting fire alarm drawings and
- Well-versed with on-site monitoring (Proprietary).
- Working knowledge of maintenance reporting and scheduling
systems such as Maximo.
- Background in maintaining relationships and working with
partners at all levels
- Comfort with understanding and conveying written and verbal
data and analysis to partners at all levels
- Knowledge of computer programs, including knowledge of
Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
- Experience in financial management.
- Willingness to work on holidays, weekends and overnights.
- Willingness to function as a "Duty Manager" once per month
requiring 24/7 on-call responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- 10+ years of leadership experience with testing and inspection
of fire alarm systems and interfaces.
- License - State of Florida Electrical Fire Unlimited or
- Certification - NICET 2
- Fire Alarm System Agent/Burglar Alarm System Agent (FASA/BASA)
Required Education Bachelor's Degree in engineering, building
construction, or equivalent experience Preferred Education
- Fire Science Degree or Equivalent
- Fire Safety Inspector 1 or 2 Certification Additional
Information Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to
help you live your best life. This includes health and savings
benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only
Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at .
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Malden , Fire Alarm Systems- Engineering Services Manager, Executive , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!