Trade Account and Infusion Reimbursement Director
Company: Sage Therapeutics
Posted on: May 22, 2019
General Scope and Summary
Sage Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful,
integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for
complete business ownership of Regional Trade Accounts. This person
will implement the distribution strategy for Sage across regional
trade partners, ensuring seamless delivery of product to patients.
The Trade Account and Infusion Reimbursement Director will educate
and support regional trade partners around product procurement,
preparation and administration, payer coverage and reimbursement,
etc. He/she will also assess regional opportunities for network
expansion and execute contracts with new trade partners. He/she
will also provide care pathways and reimbursement support to health
systems and hospitals. The Trade Account and Infusion Reimbursement
Director will work closely with field sales, account directors,
patient services, and field medical.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing distribution channel strategy and
coordinating with regional trade partners Specialty pharmacies,
Specialty distributors, Home infusion pharmacies, etc.
- Serve as primary contact for regional trade partners and point
person to field sales, national accounts, patient services, and
field medical (around regional trade partners).
- Identify regional opportunities to enhance sales of products
through trade and specialty channels.
- Educate regional trade partners on product procurement and all
processes around operational delivery of Sage therapies.
- Educate regional trade partners on coverage and reimbursement
related to Sage therapies.
- Support issue resolution for regional trade partners i.e. product
procurement, product preparation and administration, payer coverage
and reimbursement, etc.
- Provide strategic and tactical support around hospital and
outpatient reimbursement in relation to Sage therapies. - Analyze
regional access and reimbursement issues and act as reimbursement
expert/problem solver across assigned region.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders on behalf of Sage, such
as regional/local specialty pharmacies, home infusion pharmacies,
and alternate sites of care.
- Assess opportunities for distribution network expansion and
execute new contracts with regional trade partners.
- Support regional opportunities around alternate sites of
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while
remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent
interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships
with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation
skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and
realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability
to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and
an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to
orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech
- Infusible and medical benefit experience required. - IDN/hospital
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA, PharmD, MPH) preferred.
- Experience working with regional trade partners.
- Knowledge of Commercial managed care and State Medicaid coverage
- Medical benefit product experience in buy and bill and specialty
- Knowledge of outpatient reimbursement for infusible drugs.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting
with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within
a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be
Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.Number of
Keywords: Sage Therapeutics, Malden , Trade Account and Infusion Reimbursement Director, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!