RN - Primary Care
Company: Cambridge Health Alliance
Posted on: September 11, 2020
RN - Primary Care
Refer a Friend
Category: Registered Nurse
CHA Malden Care Center,
Department: Malden Family Health Center
Job Type: Full Time
Job Class: Union
Union Name: WH MNA - WH Mass Nurses Assoc
Work Shift: Day/Evening with Variable Start Time
Work Days: Varied including evenings and Saturday rotation
Date Posted: 08/31/2020
Requisition Number: hrq-101999Job Details
CHA Malden Care Center has an opening for a full time RN. This
position will provide clinical support for a practice focusing on
customer satisfaction and teamwork. Ambulatory care nurses use the
nursing process to perform a problem-focused assessment of the
patient's primary concerns in the clinic or telephone setting This
position may require working some evenings, Saturdays and
Duties and Responsibilities:1. Conducts a patient centered
assessment utilizing appropriate assessment techniques r/t
- Synthesizes available data, information and nursing knowledge
relevant to the presenting health situation to identify unique
medical/nursing needs and implements appropriate interventions for
age specific categories.
- Competently utilizes competent, evidence-based ambulatory care
nursing interventions during clinical visits, telephone encounters,
and electronic communications.
- Provides age-appropriate care in a compassionate, caring,
culturally, and ethnically sensitive manner.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the
interdisciplinary plan of care that identifies strategies tailored
to achieve expected outcomes.
- Documentation meets CHA, professional, and accreditation
standards to facilitate communication of the patient condition in
the provision and coordination of treatment and services.
- Using CHA approved protocols for telephone triage, the
ambulatory care nurse determines the urgency and disposition based
on data in order to expedite care and provide tailored health
information and advice to the patient/family.
- Coordinates the delivery of care within the practice setting
and across health care settings.
- Delegates appropriate interventions to ambulatory care team
based on their demonstrated competency, state practice acts,
available evidence-based guidelines, regulatory and governmental
standards, and organizational policies and defined outcome
- Adheres to position descriptions, policies, protocols, and
procedures related to nursing professional practice.
- Serves as a point of contact for coordination of care across
multiple agencies and/or health care organizations.
- Employs strategies that promote the health/wellness of
individuals/families and populations.
- Supports the patient and their caregiver in developing skills
for self-efficacy to promote, maintain, or restore health, such as
health lifestyle tips, risk-reducing behaviors, age and
developmental needs, daily living activities, and preventive
- Contributes to data collection that monitors ambulatory care
nursing and organizational performance.
- Integrates into practice the findings of quality of care and
performance improvement initiatives that improve the quality of
ambulatory care nursing practice, outpatient care services, and
organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Employs critical attributes of effective collaboration to
create, promote, and maintain an environment that supports
successful partnership and high performance team outcomes.
- Demonstrates CHA Circle of Values and Service
- Implements appropriate and approved best practices, including
research findings, to guide practice decisions.
- Oversees the practice of non-professional nursing
- Employs beneficial, cost-effective ways to maximize wellness,
prevent illness, and manage acute and chronic disease and
disabilities to affect the most positive health status over the
patient's life span.
- Directs the flow of patients and staff to assure patients are
adequately managed, and the practice runs smoothly and
- Administers medications according to hospital policy and
- Other duties as required.
Education/Training: A graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Newly hired RNs are required to have a BSN within 1 year of hire.
Licensure: MA. RN Licensure required Certifications: Maintains
current AHA BLS
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years current ambulatory
nursing required. In addition, for family practice sites, pediatric
and OB experience required.
Linguistic Capabilities: Knowledge of a second language
Keywords: Cambridge Health Alliance, Malden , RN - Primary Care, Healthcare , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!