Medical Assistant - Malden
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Join Village Medical as a Medical Assistant In Malden, MA
Clinic Location: 215 Beach Street Malden, MA
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Medical Assistant to help
us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are
served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've
partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're
equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with
proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices
and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient.
With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and
patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals
who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and
never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the
confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Clinical & Administrative Support - MA is responsible for
working front and back office in Village Medical co-located primary
care locations. This individual provides patient support and
communication by facilitating an exceptional patient experience to
build and reinforce satisfaction, trust and drive organizational
loyalty. Accountable for welcoming and preparing the patient for
their appointment, the Clinical & Administrative Support - MA
informs patients of relevant and required information for their
visit and provides clear communication around the services they are
scheduled to receive.
How You Can Make a Difference
- Greets all patients and visitors in a professional and
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, driver's license,
authorizations, referrals and other required appointment
documentation and appropriately saves them in practice EMR
- Performs demographic and insurance validation, and informs
patient of privacy policies and procedures
- Effectively communicates unexpected schedule delays to patients
and assists with patient comfort should delays arise
- Collects patient co-payments, reconciliation charges and
outstanding balances upon Check-In as well as submitting batches on
a daily basis
- Keeps the reception and patient waiting areas clean and
- Schedules patient appointments/follow-up appointments in
accordance with established policies and procedures
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by the
Physician; performs basic laboratory tests, EKGs as ordered or
indicated and suture removal and dressing changes
- Performs medical histories, provides instruction to the patient
regarding medications and diet, and authorizes prescription refills
- Prepares patients for examination using Village Medical Rooming
- Performs phlebotomy as ordered
- Greets patients and answers phones
- Prepares, cleans and maintains exam and treatment rooms, as
well as supplies and equipment.
- Monitor controls of CLIA waived tests.
Skills For Success
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously
with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of
achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity;
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively
both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic,
can-do approach to issue resolution.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Experience To Drive Change
- Medical Assistant Certification or Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Must have current BLS certification for healthcare providers
through American Heart Association or Red Cross
- Must have High School Diploma
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine,
urgent care or ER preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
How You Will Thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company
match, and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical
offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses,
and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative,
conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your
experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection
between your daily work on Village Medical products and services
and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of
healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture - how inclusion and diversity
make the difference
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of
strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and
innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us,
acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people
do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare
system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are
considered without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without
regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability
Explore your future with Village Medical today.
Keywords: VillageMD, Malden , Medical Assistant - Malden, Healthcare , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!