BigCommerce Front-End Software Engineer
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Overview is a full-service eCommerce agency with a single
mission: make commerce simple. We help growth-focused companies
succeed through strategy, design, development, and
performance-based marketing services. As an award-winning,
remote-first organization with headquarters in Boston, we've had
the pleasure of helping some amazing brands succeed in the world of
eCommerce and across industries such as apparel, beauty,
manufacturing, sports, and many more.Our BigCommerce Front-End
Engineers help build and maintain interactive eCommerce stores for
our clients and their customers. They work with our Project
Managers and other engineers to deliver quality websites on the
BigCommerce platform. They bring their platform expertise to solve
challenging client challenges on a daily basis.We're looking for
individuals who thrive in dynamic environments, embrace processes
and organization, are detail-oriented, and enjoy using data to
inform their decision-making.Core ResponsibilitiesBelow are some of
the core responsibilities our BigCommerce Front-End Engineers
- Properly submits pull requests with code fulfilling a ticket's
- Communicates any blockers, progress, and statuses regarding a
- Uses best practices regarding accessibility, site performance,
- Uses HTML, CSS, JS, and Stencil to create BigCommerce web
elements matching client-approved designs and functionality.
- Creates test cases for completed work to pass on to QA.Relevant
Experience -Below are some of the relevant experiences that would
make someone a good fit for this role:
- Possesses a wide breadth of knowledge regarding
design techniques, performance implications of CSS / CSS Animations
- Has done Stencil template development on 3 or more prior
projects and can submit a small portfolio of recent work and/or a
code sample as proof.
- Has worked with BigCommerce widget development on 3 or more
prior projects and can submit a small portfolio of recent work
and/or a code sample as proof.
- Knowledgeable of modern CSS concepts such as Grid CSS and
Flexbox. Experience with Vue.js or React.js is a plus.
- Has an understanding of web standards and accessibility.
- Experienced in integrating external web services, such as SOAP,
REST, or GraphQL APIs, is recommended.
- Experience specifically with the BigCommerce APIs is strongly
- Comfortable using software development management tools like
the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) or a similar set of
- Familiarity with using Git to create branches and push new code
changes and can create pull requests for the technical lead to code
- Demonstrates a proven track record of following through with
deadlines and keeping on top of new tasks.CertificationsWhile no
specific certifications are required for this role, any BigCommerce
certifications would be a plus.Our ToolboxBelow are some of the
tools that our BigCommerce Front-End Engineers use regularly:
- BigCommerce Admin
- Stencil CLI
- Communications & Productivity
- ZoomWorking at TrellisTrellis is a fast-growing, self-funded
eCommerce agency with headquarters just outside of Boston. We're a
remote-first organization with over 2/3 of our team distributed
across the US and internationally. Work/life balance is priority
with a range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company-Paid Laptop and Home Office Equipment
- 12 Days Paid Holiday
- 20 Days Flexible PTO + Earned Seniority
- 25 Days Additional PTO for Parental Leave
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Donation Matching Program
- Education and Professional Development Bonuses
- Performance-Based BonusesWe structure our teams into 'Squads,'
providing an opportunity to build deep connections with colleagues
and longer-term relationships with clients. We aim to provide an
inclusive environment that encourages a diverse group of voices to
contribute to our company. This inclusion is often in the form of
employee-led "Lunch & Learns," employee-driven special interest
groups, paired mentorship, and transparent career advancement
policies. All of these initiatives stem from Trellis Core
- Be a Source of Honesty: Communicate transparently and act
honestly with our clients, teammates, and community.
- Engage with Problem Solvers: Recruit and retain high-quality
creative and technical employees that love solving problems and are
empowered to do fantastic work.
- Support Growth: Encourage and support the growth of our clients
and teammates, even when we've made mistakes.
- Demonstrate through Results: Use results as the ultimate way to
sell our ideas and capabilities.
Keywords: Trellis, Malden , BigCommerce Front-End Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!