Magento eCommerce Software Engineer - Tech Lead
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Overview is a full-service eCommerce agency with a single
mission: make commerce simple. We help growth-focused companies
succeed through strategy, design, development, and
performance-based marketing services. As an award-winning,
remote-first organization with headquarters in Boston, we've had
the pleasure of helping some amazing brands succeed in the world of
eCommerce and across industries such as apparel, beauty,
manufacturing, sports, and many more.Our clients turn to us for our
technological expertise and depend on our ability to deliver
comprehensive solutions to their complex problems. Our remote
eCommerce Tech Leads are in charge of scoping, estimating, and
providing those solutions and fill a vital role in helping in
architecting technical requirements, estimating tickets, performing
code reviews, handling escalations, and serving as experts in all
things Magento.We're looking for individuals who thrive in dynamic
environments, embrace process and organization, are
detail-oriented, and enjoy using data to inform their
decision-making.Core ResponsibilitiesBelow are some of the core
responsibilities our Tech Leads have:
- Ready to lead a team of developers by adding technical details
to tickets, architecting solutions, and estimating new or future
- Managing a daily flow of work and delegating work to other team
- Mentoring and teaching junior team members on topics related to
- Handling escalations of senior to mid-level of difficulty
regarding any aspect of Magento issues and frontend issues with
- Reviewing junior developers and promoting good development
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- 3+ years of Magento 2 experience.
- Experience working on Magento 2 stores needing to be
- Experience with Magento 2 deployment pipelines.
- Experience leading a development team of 4 or more people,
demonstrating strong communication skills.Relevant Experience -
- Mastery of all things Magento, including module installation
and configuration, adding custom functionality, server
configuration, and Magento Cloud experience.
- Any BigCommerce experience a huge plus - must at least be open
to learning the platform.
- Background in software engineering, object-oriented
programming, database management, preferably on a LAMP stack.
- Experience with DevOps-related processes and tools such as
Git/SVN, CI/CD, Docker, Jenkins, Git hooks, BitBucket Pipelines,
EC2/RDS server configuration, etc.
- Experience integrating with external web services, like SOAP,
REST, or Graph QL APIs, is recommended.
- Comfort using software development management tools like the
Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.) or a similar set of
applications.CredentialsSuccess as a Tech Lead at Trellis requires
a mastery of JIRA and Magento. As such, we're looking for
candidates that either already possesses or could obtain both their
"JIRA Essentials" certification and "Adobe Certified Expert -
Magento Commerce Developer" certification within the first three
months of their time at Trellis. Given the importance we place on
this, we cover all costs related to training and the certification
as well as offer a bonus upon obtaining the certification. While
not required, a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related
field of study is preferred.Our ToolboxBelow are some of the tools
that our Tech Leads use regularly:
- PhpStorm/Visual Studio
- Communications & Productivity
- ZoomWorking at TrellisTrellis is a fast-growing, self-funded
eCommerce agency and is already one of Northeast's leading firms.
While our headquarters are just outside of Boston, over 2/3 of our
team is distributed across the US and internationally. We're a
remote-first organization with work/life balance at our core that
provides a range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company-Paid Laptop and Home Office Equipment
- 13 Days Paid Holiday
- 20 Days Flexible PTO + Earned Seniority
- 30 Days of Parental Leave
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Donation Matching Program
- Education and Professional Development Bonuses
- Performance-Based BonusesInternational benefits may varyWe
structure our teams into smaller 'Squads,' providing an opportunity
to build deep connections with colleagues and longer-term
relationships with our clients. We aim to provide an inclusive
environment that encourages a diverse group of voices to contribute
to our company. This inclusion is often in the form of employee-led
"Lunch & Learns," employee-driven special interest groups, paired
mentorship, and transparent career advancement policies. All of
these initiatives stem from our Core Principles:
- Be a Source of Honesty: Communicate transparently and act
honestly with our clients, teammates, and community.
- Engage with Problem Solvers: Recruit and retain high-quality
creative and technical employees that love solving problems and are
empowered to do fantastic work.
- Support Growth: Encourage and support the growth of our clients
and teammates, even when we've made mistakes.
- Demonstrate through Results: Use results as the ultimate way to
sell our ideas and capabilities.
Keywords: Trellis, Malden , Magento eCommerce Software Engineer - Tech Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...