K-6th Grade Teacher
Company: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Mystic Valley Regional Charter School in Malden, MA., was
founded in 1998. The School serves over 1,700 students in
Kindergarten through grade 12.
Great teachers, carefully-selected curricula presented with
fidelity, high expectations, and traditional pedagogy are the keys
to student success at Mystic Valley.
Mystic Valley annually finds itself among the top public schools
not only within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts but in New
England and throughout the nation. Our students have attained
the highest levels of success at the post-secondary level, a
testament to the preparation they received from their time at
Mystic Valley students in grades K-12 report to school in dress
code and are in attendance for 200 days of instruction. The
normal school day is 60 minutes longer than most traditional public
schools. Together, these factors have enabled MVRCS to
deliver on its promise of providing all of its students with the
opportunity to obtain a world-class education
Distinguishing Feature of Work:
The classroom teacher provides service to students, consults
with other professionals, consults and discusses issues with
parents, plans, delivers, and evaluates instructional outcomes,
conducts the research needed to perform the essential functions of
- Maintain daily classroom design and schedule.
- Effectively implement the designated curricula (DI, CK).
- Document lesson progress daily and submit to the PDC
- Document student progress daily/weekly.
- Effectively implement the Core Knowledge lesson plans and
- Document success and failures of CK lessons weekly to the
- Participate in all professional development training.
- Attend and participate in weekly grade level team meetings,
weekly/bi-weekly Teacher Assistance Team (TAT) meetings, and
bi-monthly staff meetings.
- Participate in IEP meetings, when necessary.
- Complete all Special Education documentation and classroom
modifications required by the IEP or 504 plans.
- Complete (if designated) peer practice sessions for half an
hour each week.
- Report concerns regarding curriculum of Special Education to
the Lead Teacher.
- Complete four progress reports and four report cards for all
students in the homeroom/specialty classes as well as grades for
any students in academic groups for each school year.
- Attend and conduct 4 parent-teacher conferences each school
year (2-spring and 2-fall).
- Attend Back to School Night and open houses.
- Attend Holiday Performance and High School Senior
- Participate in assigned morning, lunch/recess, and afternoon
- Support, Enforce, and Adhere to all school policies and
- Perform all duties designated by schedule assigned by the Lead
- Perform additional duties stated by the School Director, Asst.
School Director, Business Manager, and Professional Development
- Maintain classroom behavior using and enforcing the 4:1 Ratio
of Positive comments.
- Implement and adhere to School Policies and rules.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Mystic Valley Regional Charter School, Malden , K-6th Grade Teacher, Other , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!