Intake Care Manager - Health Services
Company: Mystic Valley Elder Services
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Intake Care Manager, within the framework of the ASAP
regulations, determines program eligibility and provides a consumer
centered approach to assessment, and service acquisition, to assist
elders to live independently in the community. The Intake Care
Manager conducts their assessments and monitoring by a combination
of telephone contact, video conferencing, and home visits and then
creating the initial service plan before the consumer is
transferred to a Health Services Care Manager for ongoing
monitoring. The Intake Care Manager provides information and
referral to applicants who do not enroll in MVES programs.
This is a full-time (35 hours / week) position. A 4-day schedule
- Screen referrals for all programs.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary triage of referrals.
- Assist hospitals and nursing facilities with discharge
- Conduct assessments of consumers by telephone, video
conferencing, and by visiting the consumer in their home to assess
the elder's history, current status, living situation, and support
system, and if applicable, caregiver's history, and identify unmet
needs, which inhibit independent living, utilizing a
- Initiate services when immediate intervention is required.
- Determine eligibility according to ASAP regulations.
- Provide information and referral to ineligible applicants.
- Develop, authorize, and implement an initial care plan within
budget guidelines to meet identified need(s).
- Coordinate community based services with elders, families,
caregivers, and service providers.
- Ensure that elders have access to public benefits and other
- Provide crisis case management prevention and
- Maintain accurate consumer information in case records and
client services database in accordance with Executive Office of
Elder Affairs (EOEA) and Mystic Valley Elder Services
- Compile and submit required reports.
- Participate in the orientation and training process for new
- Participate in regular supervision meetings.
- Develop professionally through training opportunities.
- Participate in collaborative team model.
- Participate in interdisciplinary model of case management.
- Attend Agency, Client Services Department, and team meetings as
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by
- A Bachelor's degree in social work or a related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with older
- Strong interviewing and assessment skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Private vehicle.
- Computer skills: Proficient with basic Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Outlook and entering narrative and other data into a
database. Ability to use the Internet to conduct basic information
- Experience working in a community service setting .
- Social Work license .
MVES values diversity and full inclusion of all members of the
Keywords: Mystic Valley Elder Services, Malden , Intake Care Manager - Health Services, Other , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!