Service Associate I
Company: Eastern Bank
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Service Associates are skilled in the duties of both a Customer
Service Representative (sales on the platform), and Teller
(transactions at the teller line). Works toward achieving specific
individual sales and service goals through the following
- Opens deposit accounts
- Prepares and processes loan applications for various lending
units (mortgage, consumer, small business, etc.)
- Closes loans for customers for applicable business lines (i.e.
- Makes referrals to other bank business lines and third party
partners - Proactively reaches out, by phone and in person, to
high-value customers in efforts to retain and grow the
- For licensed individuals, sells annuities and/or insurance
- Responsible for operational compliance and adherence to
- Handles daily account maintenance and other service issues as
necessary (supermarket position only) Walks the aisles of the
supermarket to talk with prospects and existing bank customers
about the banks products and services
- Teller Duties:
- Process deposits to customer accounts; includes verification of
cash, verification of endorsements, and providing customers with
- Cash checks for customers and non-customers according to bank
- Process and properly record the sale of monetary instruments
(i.e. official bank checks).
- Properly file all government-mandated reports related to large
cash transactions and the sale of all monetary instruments.
- Process foreign currency purchases and sales.
- Process various types of loan payments and credit card cash
- Relative to all duties, must adhere to all bank policies and
- Incumbent must have the ability to work independently,
multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Bi-Lingual candidates highly preferred
- Individual should be an outgoing self-starter and be techn
- Basic business acumen and professionalism is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the
- Ability to quickly learn all there is to know about the
products and services offered by the bank.
- One-to-two years of sales experience in a retail environment
- Some banking experience is preferred (i.e. teller or otherwise)
is a plus.
- High School or equivalent
- Individuals in this position MUST be regularly scheduled to
work 40-60% of his/her time each week on the platform, and the
remaining 40-60% of his/her time on the teller line.
- No more than 60% of total scheduled time may be spent in either
- Ability to stand and remain standing for up to five hours at a
time without a break.
- Supermarket position only: ? In-store locations are open 7-days
/ week with extended evening hours on several days.
- Employees may be required to work rotating shifts that include
evenings and weekends. ? In-store branches often employ sales and
marketing tactics that include, working the aisles of the
supermarket to speak with store customers about bank products and
- Incumbents would be expected to participate in such
Job Grade: 12
Keywords: Eastern Bank, Malden , Service Associate I, Other , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!