Deeper Learning Implementation Manager
Company: State of Massachusetts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Deeper Learning Implementation Manager
The Kaleidoscope Collective for Learning (KCL) at the Department
of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) is a collaborative of
schools and districts that lead all students to mastery of state
standards through strategically cultivating learning experiences
that drive deeper learning. Currently 21 schools are part of the
inaugural cohort, a year-long fellowship for schools designed to
unpack the principles of deeper learning and pilot the
implementation of deeper learning tasks within their schools.
Cohort 2 will launch in June 2021. The Deeper Learning
Implementation Manager will design and implement cohort-based and
state-wide professional learning sessions, as well as provide
coaching to school leaders and teachers on best practices for
creating deeper learning environments in their schools.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and lead high quality professional learning sessions for
schools, including development of state-wide trainings and 6 annual
multi-day Convenings for Kaleidoscope Schools.
- Provide on-site coaching and technical assistance to a caseload
of building principals and principal managers within the
Kaleidoscope Collective. Ensure strong and culturally responsive
partnership with targeted schools and district to inform
- Contribute to the development of the Deeper Learning
Instructional Vision, through design of tools and rubrics that
outline steps for designing effective deeper learning tasks,
related skills for effective facilitation of these tasks, and
methods for ensuring all students achieve grade level learning
targets. Ensure that the Deeper Learning instructional vision
centers the core values of equity and racial equity, promoting
culturally responsive pedagogy and analysis of curriculum for forms
- Lead the development of a user-friendly resource-bank for
schools to implement Deeper Learning that includes:
- Exemplar Deeper Learning Tasks
- Resources (instructional tools, video library, coaching tools)
for implementing these tasks effectively
- Collaborate with the Kaleidoscope team to execute on a vision
of adult learning within the Kaleidoscope Collective that aligns
with the principles of Deeper Learning and centers a commitment to
equity and racial equity.
- Assist with the application and selection process for upcoming
- Assist with the collection and analysis of school-based data,
to inform program evaluation and ongoing program development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following required
- Demonstrated effective coaching skills that produce outcomes,
promotes professional growth and supports retention of
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills that support alignment
to team goals and decisions. Adapt to changing needs, conditions,
and work responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with culturally responsive
- Superior project management skills, managing multiple, shifting
priorities in a high-demand, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and collegially with
individuals and teams.
- Commitment to efforts devoted to closing the achievement gap
and to addressing racial inequities in education.
- Knowledge and expertise with racial equity, combating implicit
bias, cultural competency and navigating issues and leading
conversations related to race and culture in educational systems
and public forums.
- Ability to learn and build on the varying cultural and
community norms of students, families, school districts and other
community members through awareness of one's own cultural identity
and views about difference
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple programs and tasks and to work
independently and collaboratively in a complex work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
public speaking ability. Strong ability to comprehend, analyze, and
communicate complex information quickly.
- Commitment to setting and attaining ambitious goals.
- Experience working with a range of diverse stakeholders and
tailoring approaches and communication to successfully meet project
goals and timelines.
- Experience as an educator and school leader in K-12 public
- Experience supporting schools and teachers with transition to
- Knowledge of current state and national research on improving
strategic initiatives, standards, programs, and assessments for
college and career readiness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with
proficiency/fluency in a language in addition to English
(especially Spanish) preferred.
Questions regarding this posting or the application process
should be referred to Maureen O'Brien at
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have at least (A) five (5) years of full-time
or, equivalent part-time, professional, administrative,
supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration,
business management, public administration, public management,
clinical administration or clinical management of which (B) at
least one (1) year must have been in a project management,
supervisory or managerial capacity or (C) any equivalent
combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
I. A certificate in a relevant or related field may be
substituted for one (1) year of the required (A) experience.
II. A Bachelor's degree in a related field may be substituted
for two (2) years of the required (A) experience.
III. A Graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for
three (3) years of the required (A) experience.
IV. A Doctorate degree in a related field may be substituted for
four (4) years of the required (A) experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females,
minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: State of Massachusetts, Malden , Deeper Learning Implementation Manager, Other , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!