Manufacturing Plant Manager
Company: Springs Window Fashions
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SunSetter Products is hiring for a Manufacturing Plant Manager
in Malden, MA
SunSetter Products, makers of SunSetter Retractable Awnings
(manual and motorized) is America's largest manufacturer of deck
and patio awnings. We have earned this leadership position thanks
to over half a million customers who are enjoying SunSetter Awnings
all over America. SunSetter was acquired by Springs Window Fashions
Springs Window Fashions has been part of the window treatments
industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over
8,000 associates and 18 locations worldwide. Our products are
available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer
showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company
is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio
of brands including Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho. We pride
ourselves as "The Best Experience Company", striving to provide the
best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall performance of
site operations. He/she has responsibility for setting the
facility's strategic direction, creating ATO fabrication and
component plans, and developing/overseeing tactical support plans.
The Plant Manager will have profit and loss responsibility for all
- Responsible for management, efficient operation, and continuous
improvement of the Manufacturing Departments requiring diverse
product, process knowledge, and interpersonal skills.
- Assist in leading the Maintenance and Tool Room departments in
their supporting role as well as other facilities, manufacturing &
product engineering, and New Product Development Department.
- Mentor, train and develop staff in BEx Guiding principles, Lean
Mfg, continuous improvement, supply chain cost reductions,
operating budgets, (Balanced Scorecards), and Quality @ Source
- Insure that customer needs are understood and that quality and
on time shipments are paramount.
35% Cost Improvement
- Develop and Drive Cost Improvement initiatives.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers to define improvement targets
and design the process to meet target timelines.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing Principles to Eliminate waste
resulting in increased capacity.
10% Facility Safety
- Responsible for the overall associate safety and security of
the facility. Achieved through collaboration between direct
reports, leads, and safety manager by setting safety goals and
emphasizing high expectations of awareness through the 5-S
initiatives from all associates.
- Being proactive within compliance of OSHA and NIOSH laws
- Assure that staff resolves issues in a timely and equitable
10% Quality at the Source
- Responsible for building quality into everything we do at every
- Each manufacturing functional area is challenged with
continuous improvement through improved process controls,
departmental process teams, and action planning as we continue on
our quality journey.
- Goals are set to reduce remakes and reduce waste.
- Will participate as an active member in numerous
cross-functional teams listening to Voice of the Associate, Voice
of the Customer, and Voice of the Process to make continuous
- Work with cross-functional teams along with senior management
to ensure company objectives are being achieved within the
direction of the strategic plan.
- Actively support Springs objectives through associate
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or
- 8 years of relevant experience required
- Experience with build-to-order or discrete manufacturing
- Strong background in lean manufacturing
- Experience leading a plant turnaround
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills. Must be able to build trust and
strong relationship with team.
- Plant manager must be assertive and work with sense of
- Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing and its
- Experience working with ERP system
- Added plus - bilingual in Spanish
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best
to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty,
integrity, and authenticity
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering on
- Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes
contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult
Optimize Work Processes
- Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get
things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the
way forward is not clear
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization
- Developing people to meet both their career goals and the
Plan and Align
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with
the organizational goals
Keywords: Springs Window Fashions, Malden , Manufacturing Plant Manager, Other , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!