Service Associate I - Malden Ferry
Company: Eastern Bank
Posted on: January 21, 2023
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Service Associates are skilled in the
duties of both a Customer Service Representative (sales on the
platform), and Teller (transactions at the teller line). Works
toward achieving specific individual sales and service goals
through the following activities:
- Opens deposit accounts
- Prepares and processes loan applications for various lending
units (mortgage, consumer, small business, etc.)
- Closes loans for customers for applicable business lines (i.e.
- Makes referrals to other bank business lines and third-party
- Proactively reaches out, by phone and in person, to high-value
customers in efforts to retain and grow the portfolio
- For licensed individuals, sells annuities and/or insurance
- Responsible for operational compliance and adherence to
- Handles daily account maintenance and other service issues as
- Process deposits to customer accounts; includes verification of
cash, verification of endorsements, and providing customers with
- Cash checks for customers and non-customers according to bank
- Process and properly record the sale of monetary instruments
(i.e. official bank checks).
- Properly file all government-mandated reports related to large
cash transactions and the sale of all monetary instruments.
- Process foreign currency purchases and sales.
- Process various types of loan payments and credit card cash
- Relative to all duties, must adhere to all bank policies and
- Incumbent must have the ability to work independently,
multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Individual should be an outgoing self-starter and be
- Basic business acumen and professionalism is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the
- Ability to quickly learn all there is to know about the
products and services offered by the bank.
- One-to-two years of sales experience in a retail environment
preferred. Some banking experience is preferred (i.e. teller or
otherwise) is a plus.
- High School or equivalent Work Requirements: Individuals in
this position MUST be regularly scheduled to work 40-60% of his/her
time each week on the platform, and the remaining 40-60% of his/her
time on the teller line. No more than 60% of total scheduled time
may be spent in either role. Ability to stand and remain standing
for up to five hours at a time without a break. CB2
Keywords: Eastern Bank, Malden , Service Associate I - Malden Ferry, Other , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!