Direct Care - Shelter
Company: Housing Families Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Housing Families Inc. -The Direct Care staff will report to the
Residential Supervisor and will ensure the shelter is welcoming and
safe for volunteers and families in a manner that is consistent
with Housing Families values. Responsibilities
- Greet residents in a friendly, professional manner.
- Accept and organize donations, follow up appropriately.
- Communicate shelter rules to clients and enforce rules.
- Respond to questions and concerns from residents in a
professional manner and refer complaints to the appropriate
- Report any breach of policy or procedure immediately to your
supervisor or the Shelter Director.
- Check to ensure clients have completed their chores.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Meet weekly with Supervisor and address any job related issues
and receive feedback and support.
- Maintain all public areas (offices, stairs, hallways, etc.) in
a clean orderly manner (including outside)
- Address emergency situations (electrical outages, storms,
violence) as necessary.
- Follow all agency and mandated guidelines related to security,
safety and confidentiality.
- Review all log entries and new memos posted on a daily
- Log all relevant information in the appropriate format in daily
- Submit accurate timesheets on a timely basis.
- Greet, assist, and orient volunteers.
- Perform other related duties as needed or as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS Basic Qualifications
- Demonstrated timely and consistent work history
- Strong decision making and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs quickly in an emergency
- Ability to maintain boundaries and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and
- Ability to follow shelter guidelines on safety, handling
emergencies, etc. Eligibility Requirements
- Must be willing to work in Revere, Malden or Medford locations.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights and
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have High school diploma or GED.
Keywords: Housing Families Inc., Malden , Direct Care - Shelter, Other , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!