Site Supervisor, Distribution
Company: Cambridge Health Alliance
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Location: CHA Somerville Hospital, Somerville, MA 02139Work
Days: 7:30am-4pm Category: Professional and Management Department:
Storeroom Job Type: Full time Work Shift: Day Hours/Week: 40.00
Union: No Union Name: Non-UnionManages and coordinates the
day-to-day site activities of the Storeroom, Receiving, Mail, and
Couriers with regard to supervision of personnel, receipt of goods,
storage of goods, and distribution of goods to ensure that all
products are received and delivered in a timely fashionJob
- Provides direct supervision to the staff in an effort to
provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Conducts periodic cycle counts of the Inventory and reviews any
discrepancies with the staff and immediate supervisor.
- Reviews any process issues that have been identified as a
potential cause and effect.
- Communicates any incorrect or damaged shipments.
- Coordinates periodic verification of Expiration Dates,
especially IV Solutions.
- Advises Manager of any products that are on backorder, out of
stock or in the wrong location.
- Responsible for addressing recalls, conducting the changes of
products, and reporting them to the appropriate Value Analysis
- Works with Prime Distributor on Product concerns, finding
substitute product, and with product conversions.
- Verifies that all departments orders have been scanned and
entered within the allotted time period. Also, ensures that all
deliveries are delivered and put away prior to the next days
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of Supply Chain
work areas to include daily sweeping and removal of cardboard.
- All phone requests are processed and delivered within 45
minutes, unless otherwise noted. Exceptions require a follow up
call to the requesting department.
- Participates in the annual inventory as well as random cycle
- Follows Hospitals Joint Commission and DPH guidelines and
- Provides usage reports, conjunction with Supply Chain Analyst,
to Clinical leaders and Nurse Directors to identify items with no
usage or low usage.
- Provides feedback to the staff regarding par level adjustments,
removal of products and addition of supplies on units via
- Monitors access to the Storeroom and directs unauthorized
individuals out of the area. Any infractions are communicated
immediately to the Security Department. Qualifications:
- An Associate's Degree in Business Management, Bachelor's Degree
preferred. Minimum of 5 years work experience in a hospital
Storeroom and Purchasing Department required. Individual must also
have working knowledge of an automated inventory system, such as
- Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand
to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical interference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. In keeping with federal, state and local
laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and
associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion,
color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to
establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We
are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not
tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring,
termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of
employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate
the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or
conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an
offensive or hostile work environment.
Keywords: Cambridge Health Alliance, Malden , Site Supervisor, Distribution, Professions , Malden, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!